Fill out an application to use our community room here: https://forms.gle/71v2sexVS6pGaLAu9
The Jesup Public Library has a Community Room available for use by any educational, cultural or other non-commercial civic group, and for private gatherings. The community room is not available for events that are intended solely to raise funds other than dues for membership in the sponsoring organization or that are intended for the benefit of a specific individual.
An organization or group desirous of using the Community Room must agree to the following restrictions:
1) Occupancy is limited to forty-five (45) people and seating to thirty-two (32) people.
2) Application for permission to use the room shall be made to a staff member on duty.
3) Library, library related and educational programs have priority in the use of the facility.
4) Smoking is not permitted on the premises. No alcohol or controlled substances may be consumed on the premises. This provision shall not apply to the Friends of the Jesup Public Library
, the Jesup Public Library Foundation, county, service area, and state library group meetings.
5) The library may assess a charge for cleaning and/or disinfecting, if necessary
6) Groups are responsible for their own set-up, takedown, clean-up, removal of garbage from the premises and the return of the room to its normal condition. The room must be vacuumed, and all tables and countertops washed and disinfected.
7) Groups will be responsible for the cost of repair or replacement of damaged or missing facilities or equipment beyond normal wear and tear.
8) The person signing the reservation will be accountable for any problems occurring from use of the room, including possible personal liability to reimburse the city for the expense of repairing or restoring damage resulting from such use.
9) Groups, including children under the age of 10, must always be supervised by adult sponsors.
10) Permission to use the Community Room does not constitute an endorsement by Library staff or the Board of Trustees of the group’s policies or beliefs.
11) Attachment of materials or decorations on the walls, woodwork or doors and placement of objects which may damage the floor are prohibited.
12) The library will not care for or store any materials for groups or individuals using the facility, nor be responsible for them while they are on the premises. This provision shall not apply to the Friends of the Jesup Public Library
, or the Jesup Public Library Foundation.
13) Individuals or groups may not charge a fee to participants in activities conducted in the Community Room. However, non-profit organizations may solicit nominal memberships and dues upon the premises.
14) Groups and individuals may not sell merchandise, do fundraising for a specific individual, solicit contacts for later sales or placement of orders in the Community Room. If groups offer materials in connection with crafts, study groups, conferences, and similar events, they may accept donations to cover the cost of materials. This provision shall not apply to events sponsored by Jesup Public Library, the City of Jesup, Friends of the Jesup Public Library, the Jesup Public Library Foundation, and county, service area, and state library group meetings.
15) Any individual or representative of a group requesting reservation of the Community Room must complete an application form, available on our website or in the library. The person applying will be responsible for pick-up and return of the key, locking of all doors and return of the room to its normal condition.
16) All meetings must conclude by 11:00 p.m. When the meeting concludes, the key must be returned to a library staff member in the library at that time or immediately placed in the book drop if the library is closed.
17) Meetings scheduled during library hours will be conducted in a manner that does not interfere with the normal operation of the library.
18) Light refreshments (non-alcoholic) or light luncheons are permitted.
19) Because it may stain the carpet, red juice is not permitted.
20) The use of the library’s name in distributing partisan literature or for an organization’s mailing address will not be allowed.
21) The Library Director is authorized to deny permission for the use of the Community Room to any group or individual that has been disorderly or objectionable in the Room in any way, or that has violated these regulations in the past.
22) The smart board is open for public use during normal business hours. This provision shall not apply to events sponsored by Jesup Public Library, the City of Jesup, Friends of the Jesup Public Library, the Jesup Public Library Foundation, and county, service area, and state library group meetings.
ANY DONATIONS TO HELP WITH THE UP-KEEP OF THIS ROOM WOULD BE APPRECIATED.